I guess I never did an #introduction here.
I'm Crow a lurker and bad poster; a #Buddhist who loves #cooking #gardening #mathematics #folklore #religion #archaeology #darkwave and #puns . I tinker with #perl and #python , do #sysadmin stuff among other hats at work, and have played at #infosec since #cyber was cool.
Between retweets, foot notes from my current reading, and snarky replies I'll sometimes write bad poetry.
"After I’m gone, some of you will seclude yourselves in the forests and mountains to meditate, while others may drink rice wine and enjoy the company of women. Both kinds of Zen are fine, but if some become professional clerics, babbling about 'Zen as the Way,' they are my enemies."
- Ikkyu, Head abbot of Daitoku-ji temple addressing the monks in the year of his death 1481
Bones and bits Show more
Daughter left me some welcome home art on the porch.
@breakfastgolem I read an article a while back where they tried to figure out how this verse construction became such a stereotype and apparently it became widespread among white rap after being used by Fred Flintstone in a fruity pebbles commercial in the 80s
deportation, incarceration Show more
15 people found guilty of terrorism offences for blocking a deportation flight in England; could be jailed for life.
Another aztec hymn Show more
Another aztec hymn Show more
1. Quilaztli, plumed with eagle feathers, with the crest of eagles, painted with serpents' blood, comes with her hoe, beating her drum, from Colhuacan.
2. She alone, who is our flesh, goddess of the fields and shrubs, is strong to support us.
3. With the hoe, with the hoe, with hands full, with the hoe, with hands full, the goddess of the fields is strong to support us.
4. With a broom in her hands the goddess of the fields strongly supports us.
5. Our mother is as twelve eagles, goddess of drum-beating, filling the fields of tzioac and maguey like our lord Mixcoatl.
6. She is our mother, a goddess of war, our mother, a goddess of war, an example and a companion from the home of our ancestors.
7. She comes forth, she appears when war is waged, she protects us in war that we shall not be destroyed, an example and companion from the home of our ancestors.
8. She comes adorned in the ancient manner with the eagle crest, in the ancient manner with the eagle crest.
Begging for money Show more
I've posted my cashapp ($bridgebridge) and venmo (bridge-bridge) before but I'm going to leave this up and pin it this time because honestly? I'm homeless (not sleeping in my car currently thanks to the excessive generosity of friends for now). I'm poor. I don't have any other real options. My parents kicked me out months ago. I don't really have any sort of support irl rn besides @soft. If you think I don't need the money, then please consider some of the others on here who need it too.
An Aztec Hymn Show more
An Aztec Hymn Show more
1. Hail to our mother, who caused the yellow flowers to blossom, who scattered the seeds of the maguey, as she came forth from Paradise.
2. Hail to our mother, who poured forth flowers in abundance, who scattered the seeds of the maguey, as she came forth from Paradise.
3. Hail to our mother, who caused the yellow flowers to blossom, she who scattered the seeds of the maguey, as she came forth from Paradise.
4. Hail to our mother, who poured forth white flowers in abundance, who scattered the seeds of the maguey, as she came forth from Paradise.
5. Hail to the goddess who shines in the thorn bush like a bright butterfly.
6. Ho! she is our mother, goddess of the earth, she supplies
food in the desert to the wild beasts, and causes them to live.
7. Thus, thus, you see her to be an ever-fresh model of liberality toward all flesh.
8. And as you see the goddess of the earth do to the wild beasts, so also does she toward the green herbs and the fishes.
meta, twitter/tumblr influx Show more
some of the new folks seem to not be getting this, so here goes.
twitter has social currency, masto has social currency as well.
twitter social currency rules:
- amass followers
- defend your territory
- demolish your opponents
masto social currency rules:
- share your life
- be yourself
- help others
as with anything, there's ways the latter's rules can be taken advantage of, but if you're thinking you can swap out one for the other, you're reading things wrong.
Today's the birthday of Grace Hopper, AKA "Amazing Grace." She was a computer scientist, programmer, and educator whose pioneering work on early computers and amiably no-nonsense attitude when teaching continues to inspire.
More info: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grace_Hopper
I painted her once.
So, some introduction: I'm just an average retrocomputing guy living in Prague, Czech Republic. Collecting #unix workstations, #PowerPC computers and Sinclair ZX Spectrum & clones. Using #Slackware #Linux wherever possible. I run a #gopher server with Bongusta! phlog aggregator and other things. When not sitting at a computer, I do #geocaching and CB & PMR radio (not a proper HAM yet). Also: married, with one kid. Happy to be here!
Website of devopsbookmarks.com http://www.devopsbookmarks.com
Security & Hardening http://www.devopsbookmarks.com/security
Logging & Monitoring http://www.devopsbookmarks.com/monitoring
You can fork, add a JSON file with your project's details and send a PR to add your site at https://github.com/devopsbookmarks/devopsbookmarks.com
buddhist gardener; perl cultist; debian acolyte; infosec adjacent; bougie Tejanx; anarcho-socialist (they/them) #nobots
A bunch of technomancers in the fediverse. Keep it fairly clean please. This arcology is for all who wash up upon it's digital shore. We are based in the U.S. and we abide by all laws of this nation. We take security and your privacy seriously. We do not use ads, nor sell your information. Your data is not mine to own. Hackers.town is protected by Carbon Black Response and CBDefense. We log any and all attempts to compromise the server.