Hello everyone! Flyd here. (#introduction v0.2)
I'm someone in a corner of Fedi that is living a quiet life with sticky notes and scraps of paper all around themselves.
I'm a #cognitivescience and #computerscience student that appreciates #cute things and internet #memes. I love a good stroll #outside and seeing things grow (especially people!). I also like #stationary; a walk in a large store just lightens me up!
That's about it! Feel free to ask for more about me or send me a message. Let's be friends!
Complaining about the future
Childhood expectations VS what we ended up getting:
* Expectations: Humanoid robots!
* Reality: A kinda crappy smartphone OS with a marketable name.
* Expectations: Intelligent software that can comprehend conversational context and have a degree of self awareness
* Reality: Fancy statistics with a marketable name.
* Expectations: My PC but it's in my pocket with adjusted ergonomics and all the freedom that comes with it.
* Reality: Closed garden hardware/software ecosystem designed to stalk and monetise you and only allows as much freedom as corporations see as useful to their own purposes.
Self driving cars
* Expectations: I own the car. I tell it where to go and it goes there.
* Reality: These aren't quite ready yet but it's already clear where it's going: You will not own this car, except maybe on paper. It may listen to you but it will report to and obey its manufacturer first - along with a government back door.
The future kinda sucks.
The Heavy, "The Thief", Sons (2019)
Janky as Hell
For real tho: I have never dressed like crazy ever in my life. If I'm going to play dress up, earlier the better. Can't get "you have no taste big guy"ed.
Person of Unknown Occupation
A bunch of technomancers in the fediverse. Keep it fairly clean please. This arcology is for all who wash up upon it's digital shore.