Had a strange RDP issue with a brand new laptop yesterday. Black screen on logon, just hung there. Turns out it was a bad Carbon Black install. Second time this has happened to me now.
But the issue was supposed to be fixed many versions prior. Fortunately, running the sensor removal tool and re-installing seems to do the trick!
Just glad I don't have to refresh the laptop.
Argh. Or maybe a re-install didn't fix it. Well, let's see if an OS refresh will fix things.
Okay, I've exhausted everything I can think of. Time for a Windows 10 Reset. If that doesn't work then I guess I'll have to go with Webroot on this laptop, unfortunately.
Created a case with Carbon Black, we'll see if they can offer me any assistance before it's too late.
While I didn't solve the issue entirely, I have figured something out. I did a re-install of Windows 10, using a Windows 10 Pro USB I made with the Microsoft Windows 10 media creation tool.
After that and installing Carbon Black, I can RDP exactly as expected.
This made me think: the problem laptop I had prior, I made the USB from a Volume License image. Lenovo probably makes their images from a volume license image.
So something about the Volume License image is different than the consumer Windows 10 Pro downloaded image and possibly causing the RDP problems I've experienced.
A bunch of technomancers in the fediverse. Keep it fairly clean please. This arcology is for all who wash up upon it's digital shore.