Also: My back REALLY hates lifting UPSs.
My network and rack migration went pretty smoothly today. Only outstanding item is migrating the DC to the new server subnet. Should be able to tackle that during an evening next weekend. Oh and one of my iDRACs isn’t responding. I probably set the wrong new IP. It’s only the backup Hyper-V host so I can fix that during work hours next week.
Mainly ready for my big project tomorrow.
- Pre-launch checklist nearly complete.
- launch and post-launch checklists printed and ready to go.
Turns out I was actually able to complete a lot of tasks this week so tomorrow will be much less daunting than I first thought. All I have left to pull out of the old, 14U rack is the UPS and the current switch.
So tomorrow I just have to:
- set the new static IPs on MFPs
- set the new static IPs on my servers before shutting them down (7 VMs, 2 hosts, 2 management interfaces).
- install the new switches into the new rack
- install the UPS into the new rack
- cable management (this will probably take most of my time)
- Power everything back up
- Giggle like a mad scientist
I watch over the stuff with blinky lights.
A bunch of technomancers in the fediverse. Keep it fairly clean please. This arcology is for all who wash up upon it's digital shore.